Coronavirus (COVID-19): safer travel guidance for passengers
Walking, cycling, and travelling in vehicles or on public transport during the coronavirus outbreak.
You can help control coronavirus and travel safely by:
- working from home where possible
- shopping locally and less often
- considering all other forms of transport, such as cycling and walking, before using public transport
- avoiding the busiest times and routes
keeping your distance
- when your travel, where possible
- washing or sanitising your hands regularly
You should not travel at all if you:
- are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms
- are self-isolating as a result of coronavirus symptoms or sharing a household or support bubble with somebody with symptoms
- are clinically extremely vulnerable and cannot shield during your journey
- have been advised by the NHS test and trace service that you should self-isolate
If you have any symptoms of coronavirus you should self-isolate at home and arrange to have a test to see if you have coronavirus.
If anyone in your household or support bubble has symptoms of coronavirus you should self-isolate.